Once in a while we share recipes that we find tasteful and like to share with you!
POOR MAN'S LOBSTER
When we lived in Alaska seafood was plentiful and after a while we had to find different ways to cook it. We really enjoy eating halibut and our good friends shared this recipe with us to change up the taste!
- Cod or Halibut filets thawed if frozen
- 1/2 lemon or 1 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- Melted butter (for serving)
- Fill a large pot about 1/2 to 3/4 full of water and bring to a boil.
- Add in half a lemon, cut into 2 pieces and the sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Allow the mixture to come back to a boil for a couple minutes.
- Cut the fish into about 1-inch chunks and add to the boiling water. Do not stir!
- When the fish begin bobbing and float to the top, strain them out and set on a paper towel or wire rack.
- Dip in butter- serve warm.
- 1 lb ground beef (or meat of your choice)
- 1/2 onion chopped (I already had onion in my precooked ground beef)
- 24 oz jar of Pace Picante salsa
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1 15 oz can of black beans (I used the three bean blend)
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- salt and pepper
SAY HELLO !
Whether you want to ask a question, share information or just say hello. We’d love to hear from you.
SUBSCRIBE ON YOUTUBE
We publish a new video every week with informative and hopefully educational content. Subscribe to be notified when a new video is published. It costs nothing to subscribe!
FOLLOW OUR BLOG
We occasionally post information about our travels and more insight into our journey through our blog posts. Enter your information to get updates.
CHECK OUT OUR GEAR
Ever wonder what gear we use? From camera equipment to RV supplies – and even some CanAm accessories! It’s all here at our Amazon Store.
SAVE 15% ON HARVEST HOSTS MEMBERSHIP!
Stay at one of the more than 950 wineries, breweries, farms and museums for free! Click on the logo and get 15% off your first year membership.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram.